A career that is the culmination of life and work experiences, although unrelated, have brought me to do what I love.
DIRECTOR OF Photography / PRODUCER / EDITOR, KAFFEINATED FILMS
PARIS, FRANCE — 2008-PRESENT
Creating “soup to nuts” video and photographic packages at the biggest events in ProTour Cycling; product Catalogue photography and industrial video/photography.
- Specialized Bicycles; Eight years developing this brand’s “behind the scenes” video content and occasionally photography, across Europe. Frequently this consisted of deploying to cycling’s biggest events with sole directive of “send us stories”. Additional gigs were structured, high-production value pieces used as advertising for Specialized’s web presence.
- SRAM/Zipp; Print advertising photography used in magazine and web campaigns
- Castelli/Sportful Group; Catalog photography and web videos
- Easton-Bell Sports; Video productions highlighting bicycle components.
- Bicycling Magazine; Produced daily sports news and magazine style reports from Tour de France 2009-2011
IN-HOUSE VIDEO AT KONTENT FILMS/ASYLUM ADVERTISING San Francisco, CA — 1999-2001
Created video and commercial content to support advertising, documentary and television pitches with director Mark Decena during dot-com boom V1.
DIRCTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY PERCOLOATOR PICTURES
Annecy, France/San Francisco, CA — 1996-1999
I began making skate videos for Salomon while a sponsored athlete as they launched their inline skate range. The French folks in charge reasoned that as I had lived in L.A., had appeared in skate videos, commercials and such, then obviously I should make videos for them. Worked for me. Thus I began in production.
ROLLER SPEED SKATER Worldwide — 1993-1999
Yes, this was actually a profession for a handful of us rollerblade nerds. Racing for sponsors such as Salomon Ski Corp and Wild Oats in events ranging from the original X-Games to the 86 mile Athens to Atlanta. It was for Salomon that I created my first sports videos
STAND UP COMIC Clubs and Colleges “Around the World” — 1987-1993
In the late eighties weren’t we all working the clubs? Started as a street juggler, got into clubs, low-ceilings and burden of carrying bowling balls and a six foot unicycle on USO tour of Asia led me to give up props and concentrate on straight comedy.
Atlantic Ocean/Mediterranean Sea — 1989-1989
Crossed the Atlantic on a forty-six foot sailboat with a couple friends, landing in Gibraltar. Slept in a car during stint juggling at a mafia nightclub. Signed on as second mate w/ large motor-yacht cruising all the glamorous places (St. Tropez, San Remo, Monte Carlo) before flying home eight months later.
Languages: Proficient in spoken French. Working ability in German, Italian, Spanish and Australian.
Can juggle torches and machetes whilst spinning a plate on a stick in my mouth and riding a six-foot unicycle.
Can get through customs and train stations in any country you drop me into.
Final Cut X, Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, Lightroom, Angry Birds
Provided upon request
Self taught Apple nerd and camera geek since junior-high in the early eighties.